Urgent and emergency care
Improving urgent and emergency care services is a national priority highlighted in the NHS Long Term Plan. To support organisations in reaching these goals and the restoration and recovery of services, Health Education England has commissioned a National CLEAR Programme for urgent and emergency care.
The following NHS organisations will be taking part in the National CLEAR Programme for Urgent and Emergency Care in 2021:
- Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Kettering General Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust
- Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
The National CLEAR Programme is supporting the development of Anticipatory Care approaches across Primary Care Networks (PCN) and Integrated Care Systems (ICS). Anticipatory Care is designed to support those patients who are at high risk of unwarranted health outcomes to live well and independently for longer, through structured proactive care. This supports the prevention of ill health in line with the NHS Long Term Plan, with the ambition that people will be able to enjoy at least five extra healthy, independent years of life by 2035.
Each PCN and ICS taking part in a CLEAR project will have the ability to deliver proactive personalised care in the community to patients with complex needs. It will improve partnership working between the health system and community providers and develop a standardised approach in identifying patients, with the ability to use this to support wider system redesign. CLEAR will build capability of participants to perform workforce redesign with its own permanent workforce in other tenants of anticipatory care.
This work is contributing to a shared learning exercise of anticipatory care across England in partnership with NHS England and NHS Improvement and Health Education England.
We need your views on developing local anticipatory care models, complete our survey and contribute to the CLEAR community of shared learning.
To support organisations in reaching the goals highlighted in the NHS Long Term plan and Five Year Forward view, Health Education England has commissioned a National CLEAR Programme for Mental Health.
Six organisations will be taking part in 14 projects within the seven key areas of mental health services.
The following organisations will be taking part in the National CLEAR Programme for mental health in 2021:
- Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust
- South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust
- Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust
- South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust
Each CLEAR project will centre around one of seven sub-themes:
- Adult Severe Mental Illnesses (SMI) Community Care.
- Adult Common Mental Illnesses (IAPT).
- Adult Crisis Alternatives.
- Adult Liaison MH, A&E and ward liaison MH services.
- Perinatal Mental Health.
- Children and Young People Mental Health.
- Therapeutic Acute Mental Health Inpatient Care.
As part of our mental health project work we are investigating how we can best incorporate patient views into CLEAR. If you would like to collaborate or find out more about this please contact the CLEAR team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.