Supporting primary care networks to develop new care pathways for the prevention of CVD
26 January 2024, 13:00 – 14:00
This webinar explored the findings from CLEAR Living Well 2023 – a transformation project that supported three primary care networks in Cheshire and Merseyside to design new models of care for the prevention of cardiovascular disease (CVD).
Faced with high numbers of people at risk of developing CVD – front line staff at Healthier South Wirral, East Warrington and Central and West Warrington PCNs were supported to navigate the CLEAR methodology to understand key challenges and design new pathways for CVD prevention.
The project was commissioned by NHS England and aligned to key ambitions in the NHS Long Term Plan and the national CVD programme. Recommendations included new CVD teams, an NHS Health Check Hub, enhanced assessments for obese patients, CVD volunteer ambassadors and community outreach.
Clinicians and managers from the PCNs discussed their experiences of driving the project, challenges they faced, processes around designing the new models of care and outcome projections. The national CLEAR team are supporting the PCNs in 2024 to implement the recommendations.
- Dr Gemma Askey, GP, East Warrington PCN
- Emily Benbow, Care Coordinator, Central and West Warrington PCN
- Scott Morgans, Health Creations Manager, Healthier South Wirral PCN
- Natalie Scott, Senior Clinical Consultant, the National CLEAR Programme
- Claire Purkiss, Project Sponsor, the National CLEAR Programme